The Child Development Institute is a centre based early intervention service that is committed to providing the highest quality therapy services within a safe and hygienic environment.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 the CDI has taken many steps to ensure we are able to continue providing suitable services at our centre, to support our parents in the most appropriate ways, and provide continuity of therapy for our children.
All our therapy services are continuing, but we have also introduced Telehealth options for families that are self-isolating.
Keeping our centre safe:
- Contactless sign-in for all staff and visitors.
- Continually updating all staff and families with the latest exclusion advise. This involves excluding people if they:
- are unwell with Covid like symptoms;
- are awaiting a Covid-19 test result;
- have visited a government identified hotspot
- Enforcement of strict hygiene and sanitation practices. Including the provision of hand sanitiser at entry and exit points, increased cleaning and disinfecting of all areas and migration to ‘per person’ amenities to reduce the possibility of cross-contamination of tea, coffee, cups, spoons etc.
- We are following strict social distancing guidelines using floor markers, limiting the number of parents in any given space and requiring parents to drop children and then move to designated waiting areas if they remain on site.
Introduction of new digital and telehealth programs:
- In addition to our face to face services at the centre, we have introduced telehealth sessions for families who must self-isolate.
- We have also launched parent coaching via telehealth. This is designed to upskill parents in how to deliver ESDM therapy directly to their child.
If you have any further questions about how the CDI is responded to the COVID-19 crisis, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org